Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Summerhays Music

I just made some applesauce cookies. As I finished making the cookies, I scooped myself a nice spoonful of batter. Mmmm....the taste took me right back to the approximate age range of 11 to 17, when I would bake the same 3 items on a regular basis, applesauce cookies being one of them. When the quality of my day regularly correlated with the quality and quantity of my piano practicing. When I lived for playing outside, whether it was with whatever team I was currently on or with the kids (always younger than me) at the park. When, if allowed, I would go wherever Rob, my idolized older brother, went, and did whatever he did. When Flannigan was my bff. When I would roller blade as often as I could conceal from my parents, for I refused to wear a helmet, and if they caught me too many times not wearing a helmet, my rollerblades would go to the DI - permanently.
Ok, enough nostalgia. Now, what do I plan to do with these cookies? Well, I'll tell ya. Tomorrow is my favorite twins sisters birthdays! Shout out to Megan and Sarah! The coolest now 16 year olds on the planet. Yes, I will take a couple to them. I will also take some up to Jen and Rob and see if I can't inspire some nostalgia in them as well. It will be fun to have an excuse to seek out my now both idolized siblings on BYU's beautiful fall color smattered campus. I will also give some to my roommates, in hopes of many compliments and requests for a copy of the recipe. Maybe I should even bring a couple extras for some strangers. Yes, tomorrow will be a good day.

2 comments:

  1. I bowed my head and took a moment of silence for Flannigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in my mind, flannigan is still plaid.

    ReplyDelete