Mitt is a Mormon. That should make me want to vote for him - but it doesn’t. I have had enough exposure to Mormon men to know to doubt them - not as a whole - but rather from individual to individual. I guess I just don’t assume Mitt is more virtuous, more honest, and more praiseworthy than Obama just because he’s Mormon.
So how do I decide who to vote for? These are my most recent thoughts:
Our country has multiple cliffs coming up - the most important cliffs being, to me, financial cliffs and social cliffs. What do we do about these cliffs?
So how do I decide who to vote for? These are my most recent thoughts:
Our country has multiple cliffs coming up - the most important cliffs being, to me, financial cliffs and social cliffs. What do we do about these cliffs?
.....I don’t know.
What I do know, is that I agree more with Mitt on the financial stuff and more with Obama on the social stuff. I think that the impending financial cliff is one that needs to be maneuvered with great caution by someone with great experience - and I must say that I would choose Mitt in this case. I think that the social cliff - well, our country is flinging ourselves over that one wholeheartedly regardless of who becomes President. Only in this social case, “going over a cliff” is not meant to have negative connotations. At least not for me, as I support gay marriage (a fairly recent discovery of mine) and I am an advocate of women’s rights (also a fairly new interest of mine). Therefore, I do not see this “going over the social cliff” as a negative thing. Also, I must admit that I think that Mitt, our conservative-Christian-background-kinda-guy, will provide some good balance as our society experiments with these social cliffs for the first time.
So is my choice one between financial issues or social issues? No, but I sure hope that, if Mitt is elected, that he can guide us down the financial cliff safely, and that our flinging ourselves off of the social cliffs will help us learn to fly.
Whatever the outcome of this election, GOD BLESS AMERICA.
What I do know, is that I agree more with Mitt on the financial stuff and more with Obama on the social stuff. I think that the impending financial cliff is one that needs to be maneuvered with great caution by someone with great experience - and I must say that I would choose Mitt in this case. I think that the social cliff - well, our country is flinging ourselves over that one wholeheartedly regardless of who becomes President. Only in this social case, “going over a cliff” is not meant to have negative connotations. At least not for me, as I support gay marriage (a fairly recent discovery of mine) and I am an advocate of women’s rights (also a fairly new interest of mine). Therefore, I do not see this “going over the social cliff” as a negative thing. Also, I must admit that I think that Mitt, our conservative-Christian-background-kinda-guy, will provide some good balance as our society experiments with these social cliffs for the first time.
So is my choice one between financial issues or social issues? No, but I sure hope that, if Mitt is elected, that he can guide us down the financial cliff safely, and that our flinging ourselves off of the social cliffs will help us learn to fly.
Whatever the outcome of this election, GOD BLESS AMERICA.
No comments:
Post a Comment