Running late => take car rather than bike
Take car => find parking spot on campus
Find parking spot on campus => why not attempt to park in visitors parking?
Maybe they'll miraculously wave me by like last time. (Yes, that day was a good one.)
Or maybe he'll stop me, ask if I'm a student, (I'm going on a mission...so that means no, right?) ask if I'm taking classes in the fall (no, siree) and then ask me for identification because, after all, I am pretty shady looking.
And into his little walkie talkie: "Can I have a BYU Affiliation check? Yes, that's N as in ninja...Jo is the middle name"...and so on.
I'm thinking: "Oh, great."
A pause. Then the walkie talkie gives me the best news I've heard all school year: "She's just graduated."
And then he gives me best news of the day: "Go ahead."
Unexpectedly being graduated is fun. Go Cougarzzz.

Are you seeerious!?!? Wow! I don't know what shocks me more: that they actually double-checked, or that you graduated! I use visitors parking multiple times a week. I've got the story down pat: "No, I'm not a BYU student...oh, but my cousin is...is that okay?" and I look at them with a concerned look. Gets 'em every time. Prolly because they assume that I really must not be a BYU student if I don't know that it's okay for me to park there, regardless of my cousin's academic standing at their university. Badda bing, badda nacho.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on getting past security. I'd suggest that, in the future, you do what I do: Goatees never get BYU affiliation checks. :)
ReplyDelete