Sunday, March 7, 2010

Lots of hunger.



MY MOST SELFISH DESIRE:  To stumble upon an all expense paid trip for me, my family, and my chill buds to the 2010 FIFA World Cup in South Africa.  I find myself subconsciously hungering for this.  Or even just go to South Africa during this time to witness the insane excitement that surrounds it.  If any of you have any hook-ups, feel free to hook.  Me.  UP!

Also, the Hunger Banquet is come and gone.  For those of you who weren't aware, I participated as a volunteer.  We helped set up, welcomed guests, served food and the like.  Leading up to the event, I often wondered to myself why I was wasting my time at the planning meetings, why I wore a sign on my backpack ("Ask me about the hunger banquet") and even if I would actually show up the nights I was supposed to help.

Well, I'll tell you.  I am SO glad that I helped.  The fun had, people inspired and money raised aside, I have discovered even more deeply MY passion for international development, and reaffirmed my role in helping the human race get "one inch better."

The combo of my world cup day dreams and the hunger banquet caused me to listen to this song  on repeat for the past few days (it's the theme song for the World Cup).  I think the song is great, and I love the excitement of the masses of people at the concert in this video.




Among other news, I've been working on my mission papers.  I called up my mother the other day in need of a photo I can send into THE BRETHREN.  Well, she felt a little low on options, but eventually came up with this:

Oh.  How sweet.  But do me a favor, and look at the original.



Ha.  Yes, that's a sunburn!  On a scale from 1 to 10, how obvious is that on the B&W version?

Well, happy Fast Sunday everybody.

3 comments:

  1. I spent a few moments looking at the first picture, trying to imagine what the original might look like. Then I scrolled down and I loud laughed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too attractive to go on a mission.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the burn. It's like how we're all going to feel at the second coming, right?

    Copy away...anything as exciting as a white envelope should be proliferated, not protected!

    ReplyDelete