Due to my general lack of movie knowledge, I realize that I'm probably not the person for this job. That being said, here are two movie reviews:
Isn't that man great?! He's so passionate about Helvetica. Besides that little clip, I found the movie interesting, considering it's an 80 minute film about a font.
Although I'm not artsy, I could tell the movie was and decided it would probably really appeal to some of my artsy/advertising friends, like Jimmy and Dane. It had some beautiful shots of beautiful places, and had history, facts, effects, etc of fonts. All good things. But after 45 minutes, I decided to call it good because I was feeling saturated with font-talk and antsy to do something more beneficial with the remaining hours in the day. Probably 2.5 stars out of 5.
This movie was absolutely riveting. From cowering and covering my eyes, to wishing I grew up in the 70's, to barely on the edge of my seat, this movie took me more places in 135 minutes than any other movie I've encountered.
I loved all the little details and all the symbolism. I loved the portrayal of her family, and their individual dealings with the situation. I loved Susan Sarandon. Most of all, I loved the unusual amount of truth it contained.
I loved all the little details and all the symbolism. I loved the portrayal of her family, and their individual dealings with the situation. I loved Susan Sarandon. Most of all, I loved the unusual amount of truth it contained.
Despite all of this, I can't say it was particularly enjoyable. The movie is about a pedophile. Yes, a pedophile. It made me want to vomit. Multiple times. No way would I want to watch it more than well, twice. It left both my Mom and I both with headaches. Despite this, I think it's a must see for ALL girls and anybody that has a girl they care about. Hopefully that's all of you. Go see it. Maybe even talk to Kelli, she'll tell you how to watch it for free.
Oh yeah, 4.6 out of 5.
Loved the movie reviews. And I laughed out loud at my little shout out. Thank you. I find it funny that you update your blog more when you're on vacation than when you're doing nothing at work. I want to see The Lovely Bones. For free. But not Helvetica. I saw it when it first came out or sometime a long time ago and it bored me. Also, is it weird that I think that curly haired boy at the beginning of the Lovely Bones trailer looks like Ty? I hope not.
ReplyDeleteNatalie, we need to have a movie date someday. Tell me your soure? Between "Water", "Helvetica", and "Lovely Bones," you are hearing about things that I haven't.
ReplyDelete(Well, Water excepted).
Love you.