Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Favorite Friend




Each Christmas, we make scrapbook pages for my grandparents. While looking for pictures to scrapbook this year, I found these.

They were taken last summer, when I was spending one day a week "working" at my grandparents house. My Mom took these as we were taking one of our many breaks, feasting upon Murray Burgers and ice cream.

Growing up, there were a couple summers when I spent almost an equal amount of time at my grandparents house as my own. I found out a year or so ago that my Dad had actually begun restricting the time I spent at their house, due to my siblings accusations that I was "Nana's and Pa's favorite grand-kid."

My Grandpa Holfeltz, whom we call "Pa", has played an important part in my life. To say he's my grandpa, teacher, or friend, doesn't begin to describe what he means to me.

2 comments:

  1. This brought a tear to my eye. I need to get to know Pa a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Natjop... these are the kind of photos that belong in the Ensign, or some other such inspirational medium. I've been thinking about these ever since I saw them. If I were to caption them, they would have something to say about sincerity, awesomeness, and the best friend of life.

    ReplyDelete