I seem to have come across a lot of obituaries lately. They make you think.
I read one where the man inspired people. All the comments that people left talked about how he influenced, changed, and uplifted other people. He died when he was 30. I remember interacting with him when I was a 7th grader. He was exactly as they had described him. I hope my obituary can be true to my life.
One lady's obituary said she "died unexpectedly on a family outing." I imagined that happening on our next family outing. Heaven forbid! It didn't say how she died though, and left me curious. I hope that my obituary can satisfy a random passerby's curiosity.
I read one about a lady who was very old when she finally passed to the other side. She was quoted as saying "If God calls me to him, it means I have fulfilled my mission on earth!" ("Если Господь призовет меня к себя, значит я выполнила свою миссию на земле!" excuse the poor translation) I knew her personally, and I happen to know that she was in inconceivable amounts of pain here on earth, and I wouldn't blame her for wanting to die. But I also happen to know that she was constantly trying to "fulfill her mission" here on earth, and do everything the Lord expected of her. I hope that my obituary reflects that I have fulfilled "my mission on earth." (But only if I actually do ever reach that point.)
I also want my obituary to be funny, so probably I'm going to need Tayhoo Kid to write it for me.
May my obituary not need to be written any time soon.
I read one where the man inspired people. All the comments that people left talked about how he influenced, changed, and uplifted other people. He died when he was 30. I remember interacting with him when I was a 7th grader. He was exactly as they had described him. I hope my obituary can be true to my life.
One lady's obituary said she "died unexpectedly on a family outing." I imagined that happening on our next family outing. Heaven forbid! It didn't say how she died though, and left me curious. I hope that my obituary can satisfy a random passerby's curiosity.
I read one about a lady who was very old when she finally passed to the other side. She was quoted as saying "If God calls me to him, it means I have fulfilled my mission on earth!" ("Если Господь призовет меня к себя, значит я выполнила свою миссию на земле!" excuse the poor translation) I knew her personally, and I happen to know that she was in inconceivable amounts of pain here on earth, and I wouldn't blame her for wanting to die. But I also happen to know that she was constantly trying to "fulfill her mission" here on earth, and do everything the Lord expected of her. I hope that my obituary reflects that I have fulfilled "my mission on earth." (But only if I actually do ever reach that point.)
I also want my obituary to be funny, so probably I'm going to need Tayhoo Kid to write it for me.
May my obituary not need to be written any time soon.
I refuse to write such a thing
ReplyDelete